Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Preparing for tomorrow's workshop...

Preparing for tomorrow's workshop...
Geometry was not my most favorite subject in high school; I did not understand what it was all about. When I moved to North Carolina and started working on patchwork and quilts I was surprised how angles, triangles and squares were extremely important for my creations. 
While my mind is full of ideas now, I realize they all start with basic drawings like the one you see below



My project is not finished, but you can see pieces of it on the table full of fabric, paper, feathers and glitter...


I added yellow feathers, more glitter to the figures, and soon I hope to show you a beautiful Carnival headpiece. The golden bonnet will become a gorgeous hat...

I am looking forward to work with LAWA volunteers tomorrow, women who understand what it means to build a strong community. They are giving of their TALENT and TIME to support the Latin American Women's Association fulfill its mission by helping young people succeed in school.

More things ready to decorate

The (plastic) grapes will be part of "Bacchuss", Krylon is the spray paint we used, the glitter will soon become a beautiful head dress ...

Any comments? any questions?



No comments:

Post a Comment