Friday, December 14, 2012

Sealing and spraying 20 styrofoam heads


While our enthusiasm for Carnival Charlotte 2013 is overshadowed by the immense tragedy in Connecticut today, Carmen Hernandez and I had a very productive work session.
First, we purchased 18 styrofoam heads, brushed with two coats of  primer (picture below), and sprayed each head with silver, gold and even terracotta. (for a special project!)

Click on pictures to enlarge



I think they look spectacular, heads are for now decorating my kitchen and crowding, shelves, tables and flower pots!
If you have not seen the printed Carnival invitation that was sent to LAWA members, sponsors, donors and friends here is a copy.




Click on pictures to enlarge
 
We are looking forward to continue working on decorations  Wednesday 19th from 4:30 to 9:00pm. There are enough helpers for the two sessions in December, but feel free to sign up for January or come by any time. Your ideas, your talent, more ribbons, beads, etc. are welcome , just give me a call and send me an electronic message to make sure I am home.  

This is all for today, this weekend we are planning to go on an excursion, still looking for feathers from live ostriches and emus, (I promise to tell that story later) 

No comments:

Post a Comment